English
Katedra Biometrii - Department of Biometry
Contact > History  
 
History

History of Department of Experimental Design and Bioinformatics

1923-1927

First lectures of mathematical statistics

Professor Jerzey Spława-Neyman

Agricultural Faculty, Horticultural Faculty and Forest Faculty

1928

Horticultural Faculty

Division of Mathematical Statistics

Prof. Jerzy Spława-Neyman (1928-1936)

Prof. Michał Korczewski (1936-1951) - curator

1951

Agricultural Faculty

Division of Mathematical Statistics

Prof. Zygmunt Nawrocki (1951-1952)

1952

Department of Mathematical Statistics

Prof. Zygmunt Nawrocki (1952-1970)

1970

Interfaculty Institute of Application of Mathematics and Statistics

Division of mathematical Statistics and Biometry

Doc. Leokadia Borucka-Ubysz (1970-1982)

1982

Agricultural Faculty

Department of Mathematical Statistics and Experimental Design

Doc. Leokadia Borucka-Ubysz (1982-1989)

Dr. Janusz Górczyński (1989-1999)

Prof. Zbigniew Laudański (2000-2004)

2005

Faculty of Agriculture and Biology

Department of Biometry

Prof. Zbigniew Laudański (2005 - 2008)

Division of Statistics and Experimental Design

Diviosion of Applied Informatics

Prof. Wiesław Mądry (2005-2008)

Prof. Zbigniew Laudański (2005-2008)

2008

Faculty of Agriculture and Biology

Department of Experimental Design and Bioinformatics

Prof. Wiesław Mądry

Beginning of education of mathematical statistics in SGGW (Warsaw University of Life Sciences) is connected with dr. Jerzy Spława-Nayman who was a teacher at Horticultural Faculty from 1923. In 1928 Division of Mathematical Statistics was established under his leadership. In 1936 J. Spława-Neyman came to England and in 1938 he came to Berkeley (California) where he worked at University of California, Berkeley to the end of his life in 1981.

After leaving of prof. J. Spława Neyman to 1939 Division of Mathematical Statistics was headed by curator prof. Michał Korczewski.

After the Second Word War to 1950 the head of Division was Msc. Wacław Pytkowski and in academic year 1950/51 responsibilities of the head of department were for Msc. Regina Elandt.

In 1951 leadership of Division of Mathematical Statistics started dr. Zygmunt Nawrocki. In 1951 Division was moved to Agricultural Faculty and one year later in 1952 Department of Mathematical Statistics was established. Prof. Zygmunt Nawrocki was the head of the department to 1970 when this unit was incorporated into interfaculty Institute of Application of Mathematics and Statistics as Division of Mathematical Statistics and Biometry. In the division four persons were employed: prof. Zygmunt Nawrocki, doc. Leokadia Borucka-Ubysz, dr Aleksander R. Wójcik and MSc. inż.Tadeusz Dudek.

Division of Mathematical Statistics and Biometry as a unit of the institute functioned to 1982, when Department of Mathematical Statistics and Experimental Design was established at Agricultural Faculty. The head of the department was doc. dr. Leokadia Borucka-Ubysz to the end of her life in 1989. Number of persons employed in the department increase to 17.

In 1989 dr. Janusz Górczyński started the leadership of the department and he was the head of the department until 1999.

During years 2000-2008 the head of the department was Prof. Zbigniew Laudański. In 2005 the name of the department was changed into Department of Biometry. Department of Biometry consisted of two divisions: Division of Statistics and Experimental Design – head of this division was prof. Wiesław Mądry and Division of Applied Informatics – head of this division was prof. Z. Laudański.

In 2008 Department of Biometry was divided into two separate units, i.e. Department of Experimental Design and Bioinformatics (at Faculty of Agriculture and Biology) and Division of Biometry (at Faculty of Applied Informatics and Mathematics). The head of Department of Experimental Design and Bioinformatics is prof. W. Mądry.

 



 
Top! Top!
cookies